The partnership will combine Theatro’s intelligent assistant and Opterus’ execution management solution to assign tasks from a centralized platform directly to the ear of each employee
DALLAS and TORONTO – July 2, 2019 – Theatro, pioneers of the world’s first voice-controlled mobile app platform for the hourly workforce, and Opterus Inc., the leading global provider of cost-effective, web-based store communications and task management solutions, today announced a partnership to improve associate communication and in-store task management.
Theatro’s intelligent in-ear solution improves customer engagement, in-store communication, associate productivity, and business performance by giving every employee real-time, hands-free access to other associates and enterprise systems. Tapping into the advantages enabled by Internet of Things (IoT), intelligent voice assistants, and new workforce-optimized apps, Theatro users will leverage their personal intelligent assistant to directly interact with the Opterus OpsCenter task management software to efficiently receive, create, and manage tasks using their voice. Opterus’s intuitive, modular, easy-to-use cloud solution is designed specifically for retailers to more effectively manage and execute store tasks and communications. In addition to measuring and improving operational compliance, OpsCenter communicates corporate policy, manages day-to-day objectives and tasks, and handles issues between corporate office and store locations.
Through this partnership, retailers will enjoy a host of unique and significant benefits:
- Efficient Task Execution – Improve productivity and task-completion rate by delivering real-time alerts and contextual information directly to the ear of specific store employees , driving immediate action for urgent tasks.
- Maximized Store Leadership Salesfloor Time – Maximize the efficiency of store leadership by eliminating the need for managers to leave the salesfloor to check for new tasks or status of existing tasks.
- Improved Accountability – Improve accountability for urgent tasks as high-priority tasks in the OpsCenter initiate a Theatro Request & Respond app requiring a store employee to accept task ownership and escalating to leadership if required.
- Insight Into Daily Operational Tasks – The Theatro Store Task List app, integrated with Opterus, will provide corporate and regional teams with insight into daily store tasks in order to maximize and allocate labor dollars to support daily business needs.
“Creating more efficient task management processes is essential for delivering the level of service customers expect,” said Verlin Youd, SVP Partners, Theatro. “The partnership between Theatro and Opterus will enable retailers to seamlessly receive and complete tasks without the need to check a PC, be tethered to a handheld application, or breaking contact with the customer. With Opterus we are helping retailers create an agile, on-demand workforce capable of carrying out tasks and requests quickly and accurately. ”
“Today’s stores are a bustling and intricate ecosystem that’s working hard to complement and keep up with digital commerce,” said Gary Stonell, Vice President of Business Development, Opterus Inc. “As such, it’s necessary for retailers to invest in technology that keeps associates informed and coordinated to ensure maximum efficiency and customer satisfaction. We’re excited to work with Theatro to bring our task management system to associates at the speed of voice.”
Theatro, based in Dallas Texas, brings the advantages of IoT, wearables, and new workforce-optimized mobile voice apps together in a SaaS offering to provide companies in retail, hospitality and manufacturing with a new breed of mobile solutions for hourly employees. The Theatro intelligent assistant and mobile apps connect hourly employees to each other and to critical enterprise applications; with Theatro, employees stay focused on the customer, without having to look at a screen to access information. Theatro’s solution enables employees to play their role in providing an incredible customer experience while increasing sales, employee productivity, conversion rates and operational profitability. For more information, visit theatrostaging.wpengine.com
About Opterus Inc.
Opterus Inc. is a leading global provider of a cost-effective, easy-to-implement store information and execution management solution that increases productivity and improves retail enterprise communications. Opterus OpsCenter software is an on-demand, web-based retail portal designed to communicate corporate policy and day-to-day objectives between corporate office and store locations. Deployed in over 45 countries in 30 different languages, the solution is specifically designed for retail operations, and provides store personnel with clear, concise and timely direction, along with the proper tools to best do their jobs to support corporate initiatives. Opterus is based in Toronto, Ontario and was founded in 2006 by a group of seasoned retail industry technology veterans. For additional information about Opterus, please visit http://www.opterus.com.
Ketner Group Communications
This press release was covered by the following publications:
- destinationCRM, Theatro and Opterus Partner on a Retail Task Management Solution
- Multichannel Merchant, Theatro and Opterus Partner to Create a Compelling End-to-End Task Management Solution That Can Reach Every Store Associate
- Retail Dive, Theatro and Opterus Partner to Create a Compelling End-to-End Task Management Solution That Can Reach Every Store Associate