Best of NRF 2016: Top 10 Takeaways
- Kronos Incorporated announced that Swarovski, producer and retailer of high-quality crystal product collections, has deployed the Kronos Workforce Central suite of workforce management solutions in locations across Europe and the U.S.
- Gerrity’s Supermarkets in Pennsylvania is partnering with SKIP to implement a phone-based app that lets customers scan groceries bag as they go and pay, then skip the lines and use a dedicated express checkout lane.
- Macy’s showcased its reimagined productivity of store floor employees using a sleek modern dashboard. Designed and developed by Confiz, the solution utilizes Microsoft Azure and delivers an engaging experience over Surface 3 tablets with Windows 10 to help its management team be more productive wherever they are in the store.
- Revionics announced a multi-year agreement with Houchens Food Group, part of Houchens Industries’ widely diverse portfolio of holdings. As part of the agreement, Houchens Food Group has selected Revionics Price Management, Revionics Price Optimization and Revionics Strategic Price Simulation solutions as well as its Advanced Analytics solutions (KVI Analysis and Elasticity Workbench).
- ForeSee announced that more than 40 prominent retail companies around the world have recently chosen ForeSee’s platform for customer experience measurement including: Fossil, Nordstrom, Torrid, Vans, Zulily, Sephora, Sur la Table, and The Home Depot.
- True Religion is leveraging Aptos and Formula 3 Group to bring endless aisle to customers via the Apple Watch App. The Apple Watch app is fully integrated with Aptos Mobile Store Point of Sale and Aptos Enterprise Order Management — uniting the online and in-store retail worlds, arming sales associates with a powerful new customer engagement tool.
- Tyco Retail Solutions announced Macy’s use of RFID to fuel its “Pick to the Last Unit” program for omnichannel order fulfillment.
- Brooks Brothers, The Rockport Group and VF Corporation have chosen SAP SE’s SAP Fashion Management application, a multichannel, vertically integrated fashion application that harmonizes wholesale, retail and manufacturing processes within one back-office software system.
- SHOP.COM is using SPS Commerce, Inc.’s advancement to the SPS Commerce Sourcing solution, including an expanded service for retailers that streamlines the process of selecting and onboarding vendors by tapping into the SPS Retail Network and its team of experts.
- The Americas arm of retail software and services provider PCMS, announced that Giant Tiger Stores Limited, a Canadian owned family discount store with approximately 200 stores, has selected PCMS VISION BeanStore as its Point-of-Sale (POS) solution to replace a legacy system.
- Cabela’s Incorporated, a hunting, fishing, and outdoor gear retailer, is using Theatro’s voice-controlled wearable devices to replace in-store associates’ two-way radios, expecting the devices to improve customer service and store operations.
- The Dandy Lab, a London based men’s lifestyle and retail store, is using Cisco’s Internet of Things (IoT) technology to merge the digital and physical worlds of retail by creating an interactive ‘living laboratory’ for customers, providing personalized experiences and unique offerings.
You can read the entire article here.
Wednesday, January 20, 2016