We respect your privacy, and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information that Theatro Labs, Inc. (“Company “or “we”) may collect or that you or your employer may provide when you install, register with, access, or use our services in connection with our personal assistant and voice-controlled mobile application platform (referred to interchangeably as the “Theatro Platform” or “Theatro”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information
This policy applies to information we collect in connection with Theatro, in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through Theatro. The information we collect is used to provide the best possible conversational mobile platform and experience for the hourly workforce and their employers. This includes information such as your language or speech preferences, the daily direction you provide to your team via the Theatro Platform, and information on your location.
This policy also applies to information we may collect through the www.theatro.com website or other means unless we have separately addressed it in a specific written policy or in a separate agreement with you. However, this policy does not apply to information collected by third parties, including any third-party sites or services you may access through this website or the Theatro Platform.
If you are provided access to the Theatro Platform by your employer, or any other group or organization of which you are a member (your “employer”), the information we collect from and about you will also be subject to the policies of your employer in addition to this policy. Please refer to your employer’s policies for general information on how they use and store this information and refer any questions about their policies and practices to them. As we describe below, you should have no expectation of privacy with respect to your employer’s ability to review information you provide through the Theatro Platform.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of Theatro:
- Directly from you or your employer when provided to us.
- Automatically when you use Theatro.
Information Directly Provided to Us
- When you download, register with, or use our services, we may ask you or your employer to provide information:
- That identifies you personally, such as your name, employment department, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as language or speech preferences, daily dialogue, and direction you provide to your team when using the Theatro Platform.
This information includes:
- Information that you or your employer provide by filling in forms in Theatro. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use Theatro, subscribing to our service, uploading material, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with Theatro.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the Theatro Platform, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use our Theatro Platform, we automatically collect information about the services you use and how you use them, including traffic data, location data, logs, device, voice and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Theatro Platform. For instance, we automatically collect data on what Theatro apps you frequently use or how many times you log into the Theatro Manager App.
- Device Information. We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model of the Communicator you are using or the hardware model and operating system on your mobile phone, desktop, and/or laptop. We may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Theatro account.
- Log information. When you use Theatro’s service, we automatically collect and store certain data in server logs. This includes details of how you use our service such as apps you have used, internet protocol address, device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL, and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Theatro account.
- Location information. When you use our Theatro Platform, we may collect information about your actual location in order to provide location-based services. We may use various technologies to determine your location, including Wi-Fi triangulation, Bluetooth Low Energy, GPS, IP address, and other sensors. We may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your Communicator or other mobile hardware running the Theatro Platform’s software. This location data is used by us to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, your device may share its geographic location with application providers when you opt into their location services. Because the Theatro Platform can track your location, you should not use it while you are not working.
- Local storage. We may collect and store information, including personal information, locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
- Mobile app data. Theatro utilizes Google’s provided libraries such as firebase-crashlytics and firebase-analytics.
- Voice data. You use Theatro with voice commands. To provide you the voice recognition capabilities, voice content may be transmitted (along with information about your device, including device identifiers) to the third-party service provider, which may change from time to time, that converts your voice commands to text and to the extent necessary to provide voice recognition features to you. In addition, we may collect and your device may capture voice commands so that we can provide you with voice recognition features and evaluate and improve the features, as well as to improve the services we offer. We will collect your voice content when you make a specific request to the Communicator or Manager’s App by clicking the Command button either on the Communicator or on your screen and speaking into the microphone. You cannot use Theatro without having voice recognition enabled.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Theatro Platform, its content or services, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or any of your devices. These third parties may include:
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about these parties’ collection, you should contact the responsible service provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect to maintain our existing services and to help drive new innovations for Theatro. The information is also used to protect Theatro, our personnel and systems, our customers, and their employees. We use this information to offer you tailored content – for example, by understanding what Theatro apps you use most frequently, we can provide contextual content and experiences that help you get your job done better.
When you contact us, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
Our systems analyze your voice commands to help provide improvements in the voice recognition and to provide personally relevant communications and information based on your role, location, and skill set.
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Theatro unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- Sharing With Your Employer. The Theatro Platform is designed to help employers as well as employees. For this reason, personal information, voice recordings and other information we collect from you will be typically available to your employer. You should not assume that any communications or other data you provide to Theatro will be kept private from your employer. Please think of the Theatro Platform like an email account provided by your employer — use it only for business purposes, in compliance with all applicable policies of your employer, and do not communicate sensitive personally identifiable information through it. Your employer’s policies may provide for alternatives to the Theatro Platform for communications that may be protected by state or federal labor laws.
- Consent by You or Your Employer. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Theatro when we have your consent, or the consent of your employer to disclose such information.
- When Necessary to Provide Authorized Products and Services. Theatro uses personal information when necessary to complete any transaction or provide any product or service requested or authorized. Theatro also may disclose and transfer personal information to channel partners, strategic partners, suppliers and other third parties for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement and to assist with the operation of our solution and to provide our services to you.
- Legal Purposes. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Theatro if we have a good-faith belief that access to the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable law or government request, to enforce applicable Terms of Service, to address fraud, and to protect against harm to our customers, their workforce, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Acquisition. If we or the Theatro Platform product line is acquired by another company (by merger, sale of our business, or another means), we may transfer personal information to the acquirer or its affiliates in connection with the acquisition.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners. For example, we may share aggregated data publicly to show trends about the general use of our services or to explore new services to offer.
Security of Your Information
We work hard to protect our customers from unauthorized access to information we hold. Pursuant to applicable regulations, Theatro maintains reasonable technical and administrative procedures to protect data including personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, but Theatro cannot ensure or warrant the security of any data against any possible loss or unauthorized access.
What Data Can I Access?
If you wish to access or update the personal information captured through the configuration and use of Theatro, or to make any inquiries (including requests of cancellation or deletion) about the collection or processing of such information, please contact us. We provide access to personal information where required by applicable data protection and privacy laws. Individuals will be required to sufficiently verify their identity.
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to withdraw consent.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Permissions Used in Our Mobile App
The application uploads log files to improve troubleshooting and enhance the user experience.
The Theatro Manager App uses the following functions of your Android smartphone:
- android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO : this permission is used to let you record vocal notes in a project. The application uploads recorded audio files to our cloud server, enabling interaction with store employees.
- android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE : this permission is used to be able to check phone state in case a user needs to do an update of the firmware of his COLORCATCH NANO.
- android.permission.READ_CONTACTS : this permission is used to let you interact with your phone contacts (add contacts to phone, pick contacts from your phone and add it to a project).
The Theatro Manager App may use the following functions of your iOS smartphone:
- Microphone audio recording
- Information collected from the iOS app:
- Device Info
- App usage statistics