As a Wi-Fi Technical Support Engineer, you will be the primary interface for Teir-2 support W-Fi related issues reported by customers. The focus of this position will be debugging and analyzing issues and drive corrective actions of technical issues impacting customer. Characteristics of success in this role include previous experience in supporting or testing WLANs, VLANs, or DHCP servers; experience installing and troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks; and having the ability to multi-task and work under pressure. We’re looking for people who take pride in doing excellent work, and can both teach and learn from those around them. Successful candidates will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as a high degree of analytical and investigative skills.
- Effectively communicate with client’s IT teams and customers regarding technical issues and customer service inquiries, both orally and in writing.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot wireless networks and other various network-related issues reported by customers
- Collaborate with other support team members to fix network outages, misconfigurations, and complex networking issues on customers’ network.
- Read and analyze packet captures using Wireshark.
- Develop, document, resolution procedures to create Knowledge Base articles
- Be able to isolate problems between network, hardware and software and provide information to appropriate development team(s).
- Work with engineering and management to diagnose and resolve critical, escalated issues
- Provide timely and accurate status updates to customer contacts and management
- Drive for excellence, motivated self-starter
- Accustomed to the environment of a company in high growth mode
- Expertise in troubleshooting complex problems
- 2+ years’ experience in a Technical Support or Systems Admin role
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering or science field
- Knowledge of Linux, networking and tools such as wireshark, tcpdump, iperf, etc
- Strong Knowledge of TCP/IP, LAN, VLANs, NAT devices, &/or DHCP servers. and general network theory required
- Must has work experience related with wireless technology: WLAN- 802.11a/b/g/n
- CCWP/CCNA or CCNP/CCNP Voice certification preferred
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, ability to quickly assimilate complex problems and develop a resolution strategy
- Absolutely must be a self-starter and highly motivated to get things done
- Able to keep up in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.